- NASA Ames, JPL, Caltech Artist's impression of the Kepler telescope, a marvel in precision optics. It features a 1.4 meter diameter mirror, the largest located outside of Earth orbit.
- CERN The Atlas experiment at CERN, the European Nuclear Research Center. Weighing over 7,000 tons, it is at the heart of some of CERN's greatest finds,including helping them find the Higgs Boson.
- Damien Jemison, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Creating a star on Earth. The preamplifiers of the National Ignition Facility use immense laser power, including a 500 terawatt shot, to try and kickstart a fusion reaction.
- C.H. Faham Lux Dark Matter Photomultiplier Tube holder. Located in an abandoned mine in South Dakota, this Large Underground Xenon (LUX) experiment is one of the leading dark matter detectors in the world.
- Google Inside the internet. Google offers a rare glimpse inside one of it's server farms, located in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Thousands of servers like these power the activities of millions of daily users